Signature collection for the protection of children — against propaganda of homosexual relationships in kindergartens and schools!
Signautre collection has began on December 9, 2013 with permission of Latvian Republic Central Election Commission. The referendum petition can be signed until December 9, 2014.
Activists offer to add the following paragraph to the 47th article of the Children's Rights Protection Law: “In the children's educational institutions and institutions for the care of children, sex education should be based on Article 110 of the Constitution of Latvian Republic. In the children's educational institutions and institutions for the care of children, advertising and promotion of sexual and marital relationships between persons of the same sex it is prohibited.”
It is also proposed to supplement the article 50.1: “It is forbidden to engage children — both as participants and as spectators — in the event, the purpose of which is advertising and promotion of sexual and marital relationships between persons of the same sex.” See the message on the CEC website.
- It is possible to assure a signature at any Latvian notary. See notary list on notars.lv.
- You should take your passport and 2 euro 85 c. with you — this is the price of signature assurance.
- You should know what are you signing for and say it to notary. You are signing for the amendments to the Children's Rights Protection Law.
- You should leave the signed document at the notary. We, the signature collection organisators, will collect all these documents centrally — that will be much easier. But if for some reason you have taken the signed document with you, you should send it to the following address: “Sargāsim mūsu bērnus”, a.k. 70, LV-1010, Rīga.
- Only adult Latvian citisens are permitted to put their signatures under the referendum petition. People holding a passport of an “alien” (non-citisen) are not allowed to take part in any ellections.
- If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us on phone: (+371) 29 220 334 or email as at [email protected].
Sample Signature Sheet